When combined with Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, and Order Entry, the Purchase Orders module provides a comprehensive, fully integrated purchasing system. You can combine multiple purchase orders on a single receipt and multiple receipts on a single invoice. The Shippable Backorder report helps identify orders that can be completed based on recent Inventory Receipts.
Purchase Orders Capabilities
- Enter active purchase orders, standing purchase orders, future purchase orders, and blanket purchase orders.
- Automatically update the amount spent and remaining on each blanket purchase order as additional items are ordered.
- Use seven costing methods for the default item cost, Most Recent Cost, Standard Cost, Average Cost, Vendor Cost, Last Unit Cost, and two alternate amounts, for added flexibility.
- Enter details for requested items from multiple vendors or without specifying vendors on a single requisition, and then automatically create purchase orders for each vendor.
- Create one purchase order from multiple requisitions and select the requisition details by vendor number and Inventory Control vendor type.
- Leave purchase orders open indefinitely until all items are received or cancel any remaining ordered items at any time.
- Quickly consolidate items from multiple purchase orders on a single receipt.
- Process multiple invoices for a single receipt.
- Designate non-inventory item numbers for one-time purchases, office supplies, and any non-inventory item.
- Automatically receive all items on a purchase order at once or receive partial purchase orders, entering quantities only for received items.
- Receive items with or without first entering a purchase order for those items.
- Process adjustments to quantities, item costs and additional costs directly on the receipt or return, rather than as separate inventory adjustments.
- Allocate additional charges by quantity, weight, or cost, or manually specify the cost.
- Automatically produce purchase orders from Inventory Control reorder information or from Order Entry orders.
- Quickly create templates of standard information to speed data entry.
- Include all items on sales orders or only those items that have a back-ordered quantity, or items that have an insufficient inventory quantity.
- Automatically drop ship items directly from the vendor to the customer.
- Enter additional costs such as freight or duty on a single receipt for received inventory items from multiple vendors, and easily create a separate invoice for each vendor.
- Set up any number of additional cost codes for efficient entry of standard costs.
- Choose the type of Inventory Control item cost to display as the default cost.
- Enter quantities using any unit of measure defined in Inventory Control.
- Restrict access to Purchase Orders windows, costs, and quantities on invoices, and credit note adjustments.
- Print requisitions, purchase orders, receiving slips, returns, and mailing labels using standard Purchase Orders formats, or design custom forms and reports using the built-in report writers.
- Create messages you can use when sending purchase orders and returns to your vendors by e-mail.
- Use Purchase Orders as a stand-alone module or integrated with Inventory Control.
Some of the reports included are:
- Aged Purchase Orders
- Payables Clearing Audit List
- Posting Journals
- Purchase History
- Purchase Order Action
- Purchase Statistics
- Shippable Backorders
- Transaction List