Project & Job Costing
The Sage 300 Project Job Costing module provides and effective solution for project managers in construction, engineering job service, and other professional industries who require a time-and-material system. It manages the simplest to most complex contract or job. It also makes the estimating tracking costing, and billing of projects easy and manageable – simplifying cost control and planning.
Sage 300 Project Job Costing connects activities with company financials, provides extensive inquiry and reporting capabilities and helps ensure accurate and timely accounting and billing processes throughout the life of a project.
- Select the accounting method (revenue recognition method) for each project within the contract.
- Choose from total cost percentage comlete, category cost percentage complete labor hour percentage complete, billings and costs, project percentage complete, completed project, oraccrual basis.
- Close a project to billings and / or costs at any time.
- Drill down to the originating transactions.
- Assign staff, material, subcontractors, equipment, miscellaneous items, and overhead to each project within the contract with the powerful job cost accounting software.
- Set up complex estimates by specifying the quantity (e.g. hours) unit cost, and billing rate (fortime-and-materials project) for each staff member, material (inventory item), subcontractor, equipment, miscellaneous item and overhead expenses allocated to the project. Assign cost categories and automatically calculate cost and revenue estimates per cost category, or simply define the cost and revenue estimates for each project category.